1. GRADUAL ‘DESENSITISATION’.
The more you face a fear (GRADUALLY and with understanding and coping skills) the more you ‘get used to it’.
If you watched a scary movie a hundred times it would lose its power to scare you..
Likewise, if you gradually and repeatedly face ‘scary’ thoughts, situations or sensations they eventually lose their power to frighten you.
2. INCREASED LEARNING
• Learning by EXPERIENCE goes deeper than theoretical learning
• Practice provides you with hard EVIDENCE about the true causes of symptoms, fear cycles and the effects of thought control strategies.
• You can PROVE the effectiveness of your new understanding and skills.
• You get PROOF that your catastrophic predictions DON’T happen.
3. INCREASED CONFIDENCE
• By choosing to go towards the thoughts you feel more in control..
• Regular, planned, GRADUAL exposure builds CONFIDENCE in your ability to deal with the thoughts.